Sunday, January 23, 2011

Winter Crafting

While doing our winter clean up this morning, alright today since it took three sessions, Lila and I stopped for a little crafting in the garden. I was shearing down all the wintered over perennials and the Pacific Coast Iris leaves caught my eye. Lila was asking for a headband so we sat and put it together with the Iris leaves. First I found the longest and nicest three blades and split them down the center to have six narrower lengths. then I braided them together folding each turn so the whole thing kept a flat look and feel. As the length of one was about six inches from it's end I tucked the stub of the next one into the braid under it and used them together until the one ran out. they are a great material to work with right now, I didn't find them to be too brittle at all. A perfect garden craft to keep a child engaged!





No comments:

Post a Comment