Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What images come to mind when you think of spring?

I know of a few things that come to mind when I think of Spring. Bluebells, Dogwood flowers, Meerkerk Rhododendron Garden on Mothers Day or a friends house that we visited for my wife's birthday, all visions that come up with the idea of Spring. With each of these memories are associated events such as birthdays, moments in a park with certain friends, laughing with little kids. In turn each of these recollect a time in my life and their associated emotions; excitement when my girlfriend (wife to be) moved to Seattle, pleasure at sharing my garden with our friends families our kids collective first birthday party, love for my wife on her birthday when I surprised her with a bouquet of dogwood flowers on the counter and the whole tree in the garden.

I guess it is through many of these multisensory memories that I measure out my life and in turn my success and happiness. I track events and frames of my life through this blend of seasons, family, emotions. At times it is even the lighting alone that will create a memory and a scene of my life.

I know that these events will begin to fade and new ones will have less clarity due to age and the overall amount of thoughts and information my brain will be responsible for.

That said, I wish that I may continue to capture these moments by using the seasons and their coinciding elements to trigger my mental lens to click and saveur the light, the smells, and the people that make my life so rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment